Not necessarily in this order and definitely the subject of great debate, the following locations are both dreamy, romantic, and photo worthy stops that won’t disappoint.
- Top of the Piazza di Spagna (the Spanish Steps) – not the highest perch in Rome, but definitely one of the coolest places to watch a sunset and people watch
- Atop St. Peter’s Dome – climb the 551 small steps, it’s well worth it
- Vittorio Emmanuel Monument (aka the Typewriter) – overlooking Piazza Venezia it boasts great views of the Coliseum, the Forum, and much of downtown
- Roman Forum from the Capitoline Hill (the Campidoglio) – pretend you’re an ancient Senator as you gaze out over the ancient Roman Forum ruins
- The famed Aventine Hill keyhole- undoubtedly one hardest to find, but certainly one of the coolest photos in town. If lined up properly, the dome of St. Peter’s is perfectly centered through the keyhole of a doorway